LEXINGTON JUNIOR HIGH TRACK & FIELD
OHSAA Bylaw 3-1-4 stipulates that mandatory, preseason parent meetings with all student-athletes who wish to participate in the upcoming sports seasons, their parents and booster club officer(s). The meeting shall consist of (a) a review of the student-eligibility bulletin and key essential eligibility requirements; (b) a review of the school's Athletic Code of Conduct; (c) a sportsmanship, ethics and integrity component, and (d) a review of issues concerning concussions and steroids.
Athletes MUST have ALL paperwork (8 Forms) signed and on file with the LJHS Athletic Dept. BEFORE participation can begin. 1) OHSAA Preparticipation PHYSICAL EVALUATION 2) OHSAA AUTHORIZATION FORM 3) Lexington JH/HS Co-Curricular ELIGIBILITY POLICY 4) Lexington INSURANCE WAIVER / Survey Form 5) Lexington STUDENT-ATHLETE PLEDGE 6) Lexington CODE OF CONDUCT / Sportsmanship Agreement 7) EMERGENCY MEDICAL FORM 8.) Concussion Form
SPRING 2017 TRACK MEMBERS: PLEASE BE SURE TO READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW, AND MAKE SURE YOUR PARENTS ARE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Every athlete must have ALL 8 required forms (including a current physical signed by a physician) signed by both the student-athlete and parent (whereapplicable) on file in the athletic office before they can participate in any capacity.
- Student-Parent Contracts need to be signed and handed back into Meyer (Boys) OR Fraizer (girls) before you are allowed to practice.
- There will be a mandatory spring all sports meeting at Tuesday March 14, 2017 7:00pm in the High School Auditorium. You may not participate in meets or compete unless one parent/guardian and student athlete attends this informational meeting.
RULES AND HELPFUL TRACK HINTS:
- We practice outside every day (Monday through Friday), and it can be cold in early spring. We suggest you keep a pair of sweat pants, sweat shirt and a hat in your locker.
- All team members must have TEN practices completed in order to participate in their first track meet. Attendance is taken each day. We will let you know when you have reached your ten days.
- There will be no cuts from the team. All athletes are welcome and all athletes participate at open meets. Attendance at practice is expected. Skipping practices is discouraged and will be addressed if absences become excessive.
- When you participate in a Lexington sport, you are representing our school. Proper behavior is expected. If an athlete misbehaves he or she will be given one warning, and then disciplined according to coach's discretion. Students will be removed from the team if they present an excessive nuisance to the team and danger to themselves or those around them.
- Take care of your own clothing and belongings. Lock it up and don't leave it out for others to take. Leave all phones and other electronic devices locked up until practice is over. No athlete may have a phone during practice.
- Leave all jewelry in your locker with your other valuables. Make sure to have a lock for your locker.
PRACTICE AND MEET TIMES:
- Practice is held Monday through Friday 2:45-4:15 PM
- Parents are to pick their children up at the HIGH SCHOOL AT 4:30 EACH DAY. There will be no access to the Junior High at the end of practice. Thanks!!
- Meets are scheduled as early as 4:00 PM and may last as late as 7:00 PM. If a meet runs longer we will inform you and your parents. You will receive a schedule of individual meets.
- If an athlete wants to ride home with their parents after an away meet, they MUST give their coach a note both written and signed by a parent verifying this ride.
UNIFORMS: Can be purchased at Johnny Johnson Sports
Address: 2254 Stumbo Road (by the Richland Mall in the Servex Center) Phone number: (419) 529-4744 Hours: Mon., Tues., Thurs., & Fri. 10-6, Wed. 10-8, Sat. 10-2
- The basic uniform includes a shirt and shorts for about $20.00. Most students already have shorts from gym class that can double as track uniform shorts
- You will need a white t-shirt with the Lex track logo screened onto the front of the shirt (about $7.00), and purple mesh shorts 7' or 8' inseam.
- You do not wear your uniform to practice, only to meets. You must have a uniform before the first purple/gold meet on March 28th, 2017.
- Please check out Mrs. Fraizer's Track Page for handouts and more information that has been distributed to student-athletes.
Remind Notification to Cell Phone: To: 81010 Message: @lexjhtrack
Date Opponent Location
3/27/17 Mansfield Sr. Lexington High School
3/30/17 Loudonville Lexington High School
4/3/17 Orrville Invitational Orrville High School
4/5/17 Clear Fork Clear Fork High School
4/8/17 Lexington HS Invitational: Lex JH track athletes are encouraged to attend and assist with the meet.
4/17/17 Mt. Vernon Mt. Vernon High School
4/19/17 Madison Madison High School
4/24/17 West Holmes Lexington High School
4/26/17 Crestview Invitational Crestview High School
4/28/17 Shelby Invitational Shelby High School
5/3/17 OCC Lexington High School
5/23/17 OHSAA JH State Track Meet Lancaster High School
Order of running events:
1. 100m Hurdles
2. 100m Dash
4. 4 x 100 m Relay
5. 400m Dash
6. 4 x 200m Relay
7. 200m Hurdles
8. 800m Run
9. 200m Dash
10. 4 x 400m Relay
Field Events: Shot, Disc, Long Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault