LEXINGTON BOARD OF EDUCATION
Monday, June 25, 2012
1. Call to Order: The President will call the meeting to order.
2. Communications/Visitors: The President will recognize any visitors to the meeting and present any communications.
3. Minutes: The President will call for additions or corrections to the May meeting.
4. Financial: The Treasurer will present the monthly financial report for May 2012.
5. Treasurer requests approval for a partial repayment of advance in the amount of $130,000.00 from Fund 003 Permanent Improvement to Fund 001 General Fund.
6. Treasurer requests approval of a transfer in the amount of $1,838.69 from Fund 012 Adult Education to Fund 001 General Fund in order to close dormant fund.
7. Treasurer requests approval of final appropriations for Fiscal Year 2012.
8. Treasurer requests approval of temporary appropriations for Fiscal Year 2013 set at 25% of FY12 actual expenditures.
9. Approval to amend position/duties of Kathy Schwechheimer to Assistant to the Treasurer per the attached job description and salary schedule, effective July 1, 2012.
Motion by __________________, seconded by_________________, to approve items 3- 9.
10. Executive Session: Motion by ____________________, seconded by ________________, to enter into executive session to consider the appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline,promotion, demotion, or compensation of a public employee or official, or the investigation of charges or complaints against a public employee, official, licensee, or regulated individual unless the public employee, official, licensee, or regulated individual requests a public hearing and negotiations.
The Board entered into executive session at _________.
The Board returned to open session at ___________.
11. Resignation: Approve the resignation of:
Kevin Young - High School English, effective July 31,2012
Jacque Daup - Principal Eastern Elementary, effective July 31, 2012, summer school co-director, testing coordinator
Suzanne Kochheiser - High School English, color guard advisor effective end of 2011-2012 school year
Emily Donahue - Junior High Power of Pen for 2012-2013 school year
Evan Thomas - Elementary Art, effective 6/21/12
12. Employment: Approve the recommendation for the following personnel:
Kevin Young - High School assistant principal, effective August 1, 2012, 1 year contract
Whitney Farrar - High School English, 1 year contract, effective August 27, 2012, step 0
Anne Mutti - High School English, 1 year contract, effective August 27, 2012, step 10
Allison Parsons - High School Science, 1 year contract, effective August 27, 2012, step 4
Christina Rose - 3rd grade, Western Elementary, effective August 27, 2012, one year contract, step 0
Michelle Newmeyer - High School yearbook advisor, 2012-2013 school year
Marissa Lunt - Junior High English, effective August 27, 2012, one year contract, step 0
Kathy Dinkel - Summer school director, July 30 – August 16
Emily Depew - Newspaper co-advisor, 2012-2013 school year
Ashley Roberts - Art Teacher, Western & Central Elementary, effective August 27, 2012, one year contract, step 0
13. Maternity Leave: Approve a maternity leave request for Jessica Bright from November 5, 2012 through January 1, 2013.
14. Salary Adjustment: Approve the salary adjustment for Jennifer Cavalier from MA to MA + 10.
15. Resignation: Approve the resignation of Margaret Garber, Transportation department, effective end of 2011-2012 school year.
16. Retirement: Accept the retirement requests of:
Linda Lehnhart - Food Service, effective June 1, 2012
Gary Hoff - Transportation, effective June 30, 2012
17. Employment: Approve the employment of the following:
Joshua Glover - Transportation, bus washer, effective June 4, 2012 for approximately 6-7 weeks
Lynn Sherman - Food Service, 6 hour Kitchen Supervisor at high school, effective 8/27/12
Ben Ziegelhofer - High School, 2nd shift custodian, effective 6/12/12, contract remainder of 2011-2012 school year, one year contract for 2012-2013 school year
John Hetrick - Transportation, 4-hour bus driver, effective August 27, 2012, one year contract for 2012-2013 school year
18. Coaching Recommendation: Approve the following coaching recommendations for 2012-2013:
Tim Henderson - JV girls’ soccer
Kelly Holder - 8th grade volleyball
Becky Young - 7th grade volleyball
Jay Guth - Volunteer assistant boys’ basketball
Michael Grist - JV boys’ basketball
Mike Hamman - Freshmen boys’ basketball
Kevin Morrow - 8th grade boys’ basketball
Buck Morton - 7th grade boys’ basketball
Daryl Uhde - Varsity girls’ basketball
Mike Kathrein - JV girls’ basketball
Robert Hassmann - 8th grade girls’ basketball
Jay Schmidt - 7th grade girls’ basketball
Melisa Watters - Varsity swim coach
Dave Watters - Assistant swim coach (diving)
Brock Spurling - Assistant swim coach (swimming)- Junior High swim coach
Brent Rastetter - Varsity wrestling
Brian Faust - JV wrestling
Nick Confalone - Volunteer assistant wrestling
Brian Bowman - Volunteer assistant wrestling J
ohn Watkins - Junior High wrestling
Andrew Heath - Junior High wrestling
19. Tuition Student: Approve the following tuition student for the 2012-2013 school year:
Alexandria Ballinger - Continuing, grade 12
Carson Saurers - New, Kindergarten, Western Elementary
20. Resolution to approve the Ohio High School Athletic Association membership for the 2012-13 school year.
Motion by __________________, seconded by _____________________, to approve items 11-20.
1. Use of athletic facility policy
21. Adjournment: Motion by ________________, seconded by ___________ to adjourn.