Mrs. Vargo's 2012-2013 Class Schedule:
Finite Math: 1st period
Calculus: 2nd and 5th periods
Advanced Math: 3rd, 4th and 6th periods
Conference: 7th Period
*Note: Weekly Assignments are posted on Progressbook under "homework"
Supplies: Starting with the first day of school, you will need pencils, a calculator (TI-84 graphing calculator required for Calculus and suggested for Advanced Math), and a 3-ring binder (with paper and 4 dividers)
Notebooks: You are responsible for keeping a Notebook as follows:
· Section 1 - Class notes: organized by date.
· Section 2- Homework: name, assignment (pg. or worksheet #), date.
· Section 3– Quizzes/tests
· Section 4- Extras
Homework: Homework is assigned on most days. It is essential to your success that you practice the skills you learn in class. Homework is due at the beginning of class the day after it is assigned. Homework may either be collected and graded, or assigned an effort grade.
· Bring all materials each day.
· Leaving class for any reason (restroom/locker/etc.) will result in a tardy.
· No eating or drinking in class (except water).
Absence: If you are absent it is your responsibility to get class notes from a classmate and complete any missed assignments. Mrs. Vargo’s make up policy is the same as the school policy (read pg. 6-7 in the student handbook!)
· If you miss class and need help with any new material taught while you were absent, you may make arrangements to come in before or after school for help. Lessons will not be re-taught during class.
· You have two days for every day absent to make up homework assignments.
· If you are only absent on the day of a test or quiz, you must make up the test the day you return.
· If you are absent the day before a test or quiz and no new material was taught, you must take the test as scheduled with the rest of the class.
· Grades will be lowered one letter grade for each late make-up day.
· Make up tests and quizzes may not be taken during class. You must make arrangements to do make-ups before or after school or during study hall.